Subject: [Leica] Re: "The bottom line"
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Dec 15 20:08:13 2004

> The "bottom line" is that I find "all" of this particular digest
> "ambiguous." I'd like to see more pictures from all of you incredibly
> talented LUG members out there! Splitting philosophical hairs is
boring!
> Pictures are not!

Hi, Chris,

I started to reply earlier, then stopped, then thought better of it:

Most of the folk on the list have galleries, either the list galleries,
or their own, and those galleries are accesible at any time, for
browsing and viewing...something I do regularly.

Go to: http://www.leica-gallery.net/image-libraries.html

Here you will find enough photographs to keep you busy for a long, long
time.

Bill Clough's work, which is mentioned often, repays several
viewings...more than several.  It is dense, literate, gorgeous,
allusive, and more.  B. D. Colen's "Somalia" gallery will give you food
for thought, I would hope, and perhaps move you, in ways you could never
have imagined.  Ted Grant's website is chock full of stunning
photographs, worth studying at great length for their beauty and for
their technique.  I could go on and on.

This list, as I am coming to understand it, is for discussing the many
aspects of photography, in general, and Leica-based photography, in
particular.  I find it helpful, at times, full of good and useful
information, and I know I can ask a question about my gear and my
techniques and get an answer that will help me.  At other times, the
topics don't interest me, but that will change, and does change, from
moment to moment.

I trust you will find what you need here.  As the old saying has it,
"Take what you need, and leave the rest."

Peace,

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT