Subject: [Leica] Re: Printer experiences of the LUG
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun Dec 12 18:27:34 2004

Ric Carter wrote:

> Hey Jonathan--
>
> Where did you find that B&W driver for the 2200?
>
> On the printer choice topic, I've found that a lot of salesman
> recommendations tend toward the product with the highest profit margin
> or display location kickback.
>
> Quality of the product, especially in big box stores, is often the
> secondary consideration.
>
> I'm pleased with my Epson 2200, but have heard praise for the Canon.
> Don't know about its color stability, but do know that things on some
> inks (not the 2200's) can head south pretty quickly (weeks, not years)
> in bright light.

Roy Harrington wrote it (shareware, he asks for $50 if you find that
you use the product.)

It works well. I stopped printing B/W on my 2200 for the most part as I
use the MIS EZW inks on a C84 (this doesn't need a special driver hence
the 'EZ' name :-).

Download from: http://harrington.com/QuadToneRIP.html

Jonathan