Subject: [Leica] PAW 5
From: cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Sun Dec 12 10:09:57 2004

Poverty and beauty interact in uneasy ways.  In Guinea, one needs only a
chainsaw to dispatch an unwanted skiff. One can burn wood; fiberglass is
another matter altogether. If I follow the road that runs before my
house to its eastern terminus in the Chesapeake Bay (about a mile
distant) and gaze northward, this is what I see.  A local waterman (an
impoverished and dying profession) has disposed of a redundant craft
simply by cutting it up and dumping it here. Beyond the stand of pines
in the distant background is Mobjack Bay.

http://cmbrow.people.wm.edu/photography/PAW/mobjack.htm

Cheers!

Chandos

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] PAW 5)