Subject: [Leica] Re: Achilles, Virginia now graves
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni)
Date: Sun Dec 12 09:16:35 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 10:56 AM, Eric wrote:

> Craig:
>
>> Interesting.  In northeastern North Carolina, there are
>> concrete-capped
>> graves but they're invariably graves of African-Americans.  Whites
>> never use the concrete capping...
>
> What's the significance of the concrete capping?  Any idea why there's
> difference in which races use 'em?  Interesting.

Eric, I have no idea of why it's done that way.  My uncle was a florist
in a small town so he had regular dealing with the locul mortuaries and
he said nobody could ever tell him why...it was 'just done that way'.
Chandos' reply about grave robbers might be a good clue.

Craig Zeni
NC

Message from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Achilles, Virginia now graves)
Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Achilles, Virginia now graves)