Subject: [Leica] Achilles, Virginia now graves
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sat Dec 11 23:36:26 2004

Some 39 years ago I took what can only be termed "snapshots" (Kodachrome
slides) of graves in Biloxi, MS, and all  are above ground. They were
mere yards from the Gulf itself and digging more than a foot or so would
soon have water seeping into the hole. Thus everyone was "buried" above
ground level in stone and concrete enclosures (crypts?). Not exactly
like those pictured in VA but done for the same reasons. Pictures I've
seen of graves in New Orleans show similar structures.

Walker