Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux - "dreaded collapsible hood"
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Dec 9 15:29:00 2004

No complaints about the optics but handling is a significant factor as
well. I had a Noctilux for a year or two. I LOVED the results but the 1
meter close focus limit kept getting in the way so I sold it. I was
going to buy your version of the Summilux after Leica kindly let me try
it out at a LHSA spring shoot. Before I could order one they announced
the Asph version with a locking hood AND tint control :-) So I got one
of those instead. Great lens but it has been back at Leica for almost
three months now :-(

John Collier