Subject: [Leica] Re: Is it the real thing?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Dec 7 23:40:46 2004

There are lots of kits of Cobras available here in England. In fact it
is the ideal kit car, IMO. The original was a cheap and cheerful V8
engine shoehorned into a crude but good looking 50s English sports car
(the AC Ace I believe) with the wheelarches flared and big wheels
fitted. It is good looking in a brutal way, is fast because it is light
but handles in a "vintage" way.
This means that the kit can be as crude as you like and it is not far
from the original in feel and great fun.
I nearly built one myself years ago but bought a TVR Griffith instead
as my spare time was non existent.
Frank