Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Film AND Digital?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Dec 5 10:22:59 2004

James:

> Anyone had any good experiences with mass market scanning of film?
> I've seen some on the list who use film but have it scanned to CD. Is
> the quality good? I mainly use Leica M and Canon SLR and don't have
> access to a darkroom but would love to get into digital printing
> without the expense of buying a good scanner. (I know...cheap ;)

In my experience, the mass market scans are not quite as good as the mass
market 4x6 prints, and those aren't exactly stellar.  :)

Try it for yourself and see.  Your labs may be better.  Your expectations
may be different.  I suspect the least painful route to digital printing is
to start with buying a good scanner.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/