Subject: [Leica] A quick - non-visual and painful reminder why I should always carry a camera.
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Dec 4 13:04:54 2004

Yes, and while I haven't gone fishing since I was 17, you should have the
last one that got away :-)!!!

Actually, my favorite "lost" story is that when I was in Japan, one time I
was in a train by myself w/o my Japanese friends or my family. Now normally
as you know, Japanese "girls" are fairly reserved in public. Wouldn't you
know it, 3 teenage girls started to play acting. One of them pretended to
be shooting a gun with her fingers and hiding and coming up with all these
stone faced Japanese adults around!! In other words, a perfectly normal NYC
scene but a rare one in Japan!

I have my M7, but I was a coward and chickened out. I don't know the
culture's reaction of tourist taking random pictures and since I don't
speak the languages, I wouldn't be able to explain what and why I was doing
it. Sigh...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] A quick - non-visual and painful reminder why Ishould always carry a camera.)
Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] A quick - non-visual and painful reminder why I should always carry a camera.)