Subject: [Leica] Tale of the elusive 35/1.4 non ASPH......
From: tarek.charara at pix-that-stimulate.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Wed Dec 1 23:42:37 2004

De Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net>, le mercredi 1 d?cembre 2004 ?
16:03 GMT :

>The 35 Cron was a built below on saturation.  The 35/1.4 LUX
>was the "weak link".  It showed less color saturation and less detail in
>the leaves that the other lenses.  Probably if I stepped the lens down,
>these differences would go away.  But I am not into testing lenses
>endlessly. You must make your best shot and decide.  This pretty much agrees
>with the general opinion on this lens, so my "testing" must be pretty close.
>The 35/2 is sharper wide open.  The 35'Lux is an overall better performing
>lens.

I have both pre-asph 35mm lenses and absolutely agree with your findings!
The 'lux wide open is "softer" than any other lens I have, including the
Noctilux. I use this lens almost exclusively in B&W at 400 and above ISO
settings. I like the results and it's one of my favorite lenses for early
morning B&W shoots ;) Stopped down it's an incredible performer, I find it
better than the 2/35.

All the Best!

Tarek

Tarek Charara