Subject: [Leica] Leica Long Lenses on Digital Canon SLRs
From: rtansa at singnet.com.sg (R Tan)
Date: Wed Dec 1 02:24:59 2004

Dear Leica Friends
Greetings from Singapore.

Singapore Luggers Paul Huang, Ivor Lee and myself, frequently use the Leica
Modular 800R system with our Canon SLR's. Paul uses the his 800R with the
D60, Ivor with the 10D, then now the 20D and the ID MkII. I use mine with
the 1Ds and the D60. I also use the 350 Telyt R on my DSLR's at times.

We have no problems at all with exposure. I always leave it at Aperture
Prority mode, and sometimes in P mode. The rest leave it at A most of the
time.

Focussing is not an issue and in fact 90% of our photographs is of birds in
Singapore and the region.

In addition to Leica glass we use the 400 2.8 L, 500 IS L, 600 IS L and the
600 non IS Canon glass, but I daresay that the close focusing of the modular
system is unbeatable.

We have had no problems with our Canon 550 EX flash also, when using the
Leica Glass. We find the Novolfex adaptors ( although quite difficult to
take on and off) best.

Amongst us we also now and then mount the 1.4APO Leica, and 2 x Apo and non
APO converters on our 800R;s with no problems with exposure except that you
have to push the lever at the back of the converter before you mount it onto
the focus module.

Hope this helps.

Rgds
Roland