Subject: [Leica] Happy Birthday Gordon Parks
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Nov 30 10:50:30 2004

How right you are! And it's fascinating that he's probably better known
today for his film making than for his stunning photojournalism. Had he
never taken another image after he shot that iconic image of the black
government 'cleaning lady' standing with her broom in front of the
American flag - a la Grant Wood - he would deserve a spot in the photo
hall of fame.