Subject: [Leica] Digital Module R
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 29 22:12:42 2004

B. D. Colen offered:
>>> As to the M/R "fight," I've always believed that rangefinders and SLRs
> are complementary. Each has its strengths and weaknesses, and the
> strengths of each tend to come in at the point where the other is at its
> weakest.<<<<<<

Hi B.D.,
Absolutely!

I could never figure out why Leica M - R owners, handlers, shooters, users,
collectors, whatever, had to fight over which of the two were the better.
Having only one model is like fighting with one arm tied behind your back.
Have both with a solid assortment of lenses, a photographer can take on the
visual world to put his vision of what he see's without hesitation.

In all my years I never considered them anything more than tools of the
trade/profession, nothing more, nothing less. Having both M&R gave me the
opportunity to use the right tool for the assignment at hand at precisely
the right time for the best opportunity of shooting success.

Understanding the strengths of both and making them work to ones advantage
is part of the secret in good photography. The rest of the equation is the
photographers ability to see interesting moments. And click!

But considering them anything more than tools is foolish at best. I suppose
these days the fashion world as we see the direction Leica is going in some
of their marketing, we might consider them ........................ "Toys
for rich boys!" ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Digital Module R)