Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving with the Leica.
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Mon Nov 29 13:01:52 2004

I like very much your shots!
Good work! Fast shooting reactions!
Best
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org]En nombre de
Peter Klein
Enviado el: lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2004 3:52
Para: lug@leica-users.org; leica@freelists.org; cvug@cameraquest.org
Asunto: [Leica] Thanksgiving with the Leica.

After a month of mostly digital, I took the Leica M6 and Tri-X with me to
*two* different Thanksgiving dinners.  Lenses were the 50/1.5 C/V Nokton,
and the 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH.  A local camera shop that develops B&W in
Xtol now has a Noritsu scanner, so I decided to give that a try. Here are
the low-res scans (1544x1042), reduced by 50% and slightly sharpened in
Irfanview.  There's quite a bit of grain aliasing in the originals, but it
smooths out reasonably well if reduced.  Verdict:  OK for the Web.  If I
wanted to print any of these, I'd rescan them at 4000 dpi.

My mother-in-law listening:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910003.jpg

My father expounding:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910007.jpg

My mother expressing:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910008.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910009.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910010.jpg

Cellphones are evil:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910023.jpg

Conversation:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving2004/01910027.jpg

If you want to look at the rest (primarily happy snaps posted for friends
and relatives, just use the directory listing in the folder:
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/thanksgiving/

Hope everyone in the U.S. had a happy Turkey day, and everyone else had a
good weekend!

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA