Subject: [Leica] Auctions and the LUG
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Nov 29 01:51:54 2004

Brian Reid wrote:
> Every Friday John Collier sends out a set of messages to the LUG.
> Those messages include this paragraph:
>
> Please do not use the LUG to publicise activities at public commerce
> sites such as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested,
> and if we are not interested, we don't want to read about it here.

Brian,

a point of clarification, please. As a matter of interest, I have always
assumed
that this means to advertising our own sales on such sites. Is this to
extend
for example to $30k cameras, which may be an object of interest to many on
the
list - though not to me; or to pointing people "in the right direction" when
they are looking for a piece of kit; or are we to exclude **all** reference
ebay (sorry!!) ;-)

I know that I risk starting a discussion of interminable length :-( but I am
sure that we would all be grateful for your guidance.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Auctions and the LUG)
Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] Auctions and the LUG)