Subject: [Leica] Digital Module R
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Nov 28 21:01:04 2004

Hi Ken,

I have a 20D (and a 10D before that). I use mostly Canon lenses with it
(three primes and a 17-40mm zoom) but also the 100mm Apo Macro with one
of Stephen Gandy's adapters. The combination of Leica glass and Canon
DSLR works very well. Of course you lose all automation, but that is no
big deal to us Leica photographers. When I use the 100mm, I just shoot
in aperture priority and things work fine. Metering is still accurate,
although as you go to smaller apertures, the viewfinder becomes darker
since you are using stop-down metering. I mostly use my 100mm at f2.8 or
f4, so it has not been a big problem in practice.

Nathan