Subject: [Leica] Deciding on the Decisive Moment
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sun Nov 28 16:29:38 2004

Bauman Books, who advertise in the "New York Times" Book Review Section,
have the largest mark-up in the industry and sell mostly to people who
do not know a great deal about rare and antiquarian books or somehow
feel insecure about such purchases.  "The Decisive Moment" in excellent
condition, paper wraps intact, having an undamaged caption sheet,
generally can be found for between US$1,500 to US$2,000.  If the volume
has been signed by either H.C.-B. or Matisse, the cost will at least
double.  I for one have never been aware of any copy in English signed
by both Matisse and Cartier-Bresson.  I only know anecdotes about the
French edition which, I am told was a much larger print run and is less
expensive.

        Buzz Hausner