Subject: [Leica] Re:Nikon's profits tripled
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Nov 24 23:33:33 2004

The problem with the apparent lens performance was the impossibility of
focus. The measuring system they use for cameras includes the focussing
system. IMHE the Chasseur d'Image camera reviews are the most
comprehensive and accurate I have seen published. FWIW the guy liked
the camera a lot in the first installment and still liked it, it just
did not have an accurate enough rangefinder to focus the 50 and 35
lenses within their depth of field whilst wide open. I shall probably
not buy one now despite wanting one very much!
Frank