Subject: [Leica] digital R question
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 24 16:21:46 2004

At 04:13 PM 11/24/2004, feli wrote:
>But frankly I don't think there is anything they could do to satisfy you,
>short of coming out
>with something as advanced as a 1ds II. And then you would probably
>complain that they
>merely matched the competition, instead of leapfrogging them. You
>obviously think they are a bunch of idiots and are waiting for them to
>fall flat on their face so you can say "told you so."

While I do not share B.D. un-enthusiasm toward Leica/Rs/etc., I have to say
that despite that the R8/R9 supposedly handle very nicely, it is definitely
not very, um, Leica-tradition like (what are they call, the hunchbacks of
Solm? :-) ) If they put the same everything into a smaller camera, I bet it
goes a long way toward making them more acceptable to the traditionalists,
myself included.

Then again, I have the exact same beef against the Oly E-1. What were they
thinking to make it so un-OM like :-) ? I wonder what Maitani-san is using
nowadays :-)

Then again and again, even the Canon dSLRs seem too big for me, so may be I
am just a minority of one. Oh well, keep dreaming for that mythical Leica
Digital M.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] digital R question)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] digital R question)