Subject: [Leica] Photographic Supplies
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed Nov 24 14:06:05 2004

> I just got off the phone with my photographic supplier and they
> said that Forte probably dropped out of business last summer and
> that Ilford is a shell of a company that is accepting orders but
> not filling them.  They have outstanding orders that have been
> paid for, but not filled with Ilford.
>
> They also said that short of some billionaire buying them out,
> that they are probably gone.
=

who is your supplier?

Here is some of the latest info on Forte

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10045&page=2&pp=10

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/500129.html

And latest on Ilford

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/News204.html   (+forte)

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9668&highlight=ilford

I note on Ilford, that B&H had run out of stock of most Ilford film when the
news of their trouble broke. There was a period of 3-4 weeks when no back
orders were coming through. I talked to B&H last week and they said their
back orders of Ilford film were filled and new orders were coming through
from Ilford at that time

tim

Replies: Reply from surrealistic at cox.net (Curtis Fant) ([Leica] Photographic Supplies)