Subject: [Leica] Re:Ted crosses to the Dark Side!!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (howard cummer)
Date: Tue Nov 23 00:07:13 2004

At 04:48 PM 22/11/04 -0800, you wrote:
>So I'm going to get myself a Canon 20D and a few auto everything
>lenses. ;-) And an adapter for my Leica glass to use with it ! So there you
>go eh? ;-)
>Hell, fire and damnation will come forth for admitting that! :-) :-) ;-) ;-)
>ted

Go for it Ted. I have used several Canon Digital SLR models with the R to
EOS adapter and the best focusing one - without interchangeable focusing
screens - is, by my experience, the 20D. Moreover the first unit I picked
out had perfect focus with EOS lenses - something the other bodies (except
the D1 MkII) did not. I think you will be mightily impressed with how good
Leica lenses cut pictures into the Canon CMOS. And ISO 1600 is perfectly
usable - and the ability to change ISO and white balance frame by frame is
a whole new wonderful experience. Enjoy! We look forward to hearing your
experiences and seeing the pictures.
Cheers
Howard (in Hong Kong)