Subject: [Leica] Re: steel reels
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Sun Nov 21 20:10:41 2004

SonC@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 11/21/2004 8:21:14 PM Central Standard Time,
> jefferys@gmail.com writes:
> Steel 120 reels give me absolute fits. I keep going back to Patterson.
>

> I haven't loaded a reel in maybe ten years, but I could do it perfectly
> tomorrow, all day if it were a steel reel.

I have not done it for at least 30 years, but I agree that it was a "knack"
kind of skill. Once you "got-it" it was a bit like breathing: done at brain
stem level. I never understood why it worked however: those plastic
"grooves" always made more sense.

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com
http://www.familyofman2.com