Subject: [Leica] Re: Yes, Set Up A Darkroom
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Sun Nov 21 17:15:10 2004

Nice summary Tim,
I suspect with my increasing interest in all things photographic and some
increasing spare time, I'm going to have more negs than I know how to deal
with. Your comments help confirm my suspicion that I will soon put all my
colour work into a digital basket.

Others have a great time with their ink jet printers, but I have nothing but
grief. Epson and Firkin do not go together (or so it seems). My first died
with narry 100 sheets printed, the second used to drive me so crazy, I took
to beating it -- much like Cleese in Fawlty towers beating the VW with a
tree, and now my latest greatest R800 drives me insane because it will not
reliably pick up the paper and print: I get diagonal printing !!!!

Why don't I buy a canon: well everyone keeps assuring me that the Epson is
soooooo goooood.

Therefore I will keep hoping, but plan to send my data files off to a
digital lab to be printed on old fashioned Colour paper. I think I've worked
out that scanned negs will be as good as a 6 to 10 mega pixel camera, so
that' how I will go for now, UNLESS I hear to the opposite.

Cheers