Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Nov 20 09:25:06 2004

BD:

>IF you will be satisfied with a maximum print size of 8.5 x 11 I would
>urge you to try an HP 7960, which sells for under $250 and produces
>black and white prints that are indistinguishable from custom RC prints.

>One word of warning though - the prints aren't cheap cheap - I haven?t
>quite worked out the calculations, but my guess is the bw prints are
>about $2-2.50 for 8.5 by 11

Any idea how the prints compare to those from the big printers that "paint"
lasers on real film paper and then develop the paper traditionally?  I can
get prints on true B&W RC paper for $2.50 per 8x10.

Anybody interested in doing a print swap to compare?

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?)