Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Protest
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Nov 19 19:14:49 2004

No G7 Summit, no IMF meeting, just a small number of Ivory Coast
citizens and a proximate French Consulate.  Perhaps ten people show up
daily to protest the French government's activities in the Ivory Coast.
For those of you in Manhattan, very much like the Falungong
demonstration outside the Chinese Consulate.

First up is the largest grouping you will find on any given day:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album30/francebabykiller

There may not be very many but the intensity of conviction is evident:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album30/francegod

and:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album30/Franceeyelight

The protest style was to hold up their sign silently and challenge the
people passing by to look:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album30/Franceshadow

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album30/Francestopkillling

During my short stop, perhaps one car every twenty to thirty seconds
would honk and the driver would wave encouragement.  My guess is that
more than half were speaking to the protest against France and not the
activities in the Ivory Coast.  On the other hand, just under half
appeared to be acknowledging the citizens actual protest and encouraging
the speech.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com