Subject: [Leica] Re: FS: RF Coupled SLR lens to Leica M Adapters
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Nov 19 10:27:36 2004

Emanuel Lowi <lowiemanuel@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Bolting non-Leica SLR lenses onto an M strikes me as
> even loonier than Solms reviving the rewind knob on
> the new MP.

I agree with both Emanuel and B.D. in the sense that it's nowhere near
optimum but I'm sure people who want to do this have good reasons for doing
it - for example someone might own both Nikon SLR and Leica M cameras, and
want to be able to use the trusty 24mm Nikkor occasionally on the M body.
If someone were seriously into using a 24mm lens on an M this would be loony
but for occasional use, why not?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com