Subject: [Leica] What do you do when a "repuitable" news outlet swipes your photos ?
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Fri Nov 19 09:56:03 2004

The image needs to have been registered with the copyright office.

if it's within 90 days of when you first published it you can do so
retroactively (probably not the case?)

if neither of these, you are somewhat screwed (you could otherwise probably
have sued big time for infringement)

unless either of the above is the case - learn from it and get into the
habit of registering EVERYTHING you "publish" (online or offline) if you
want to be able to make full benefit of copyright registration.

And register everything already published NOW - it will be registered from
that point on, but not retroactively.

tim