Subject: How to get more people to look at your pix...filesizes! (was: Re: [Leica] PAW....More "signs of the..." and "autumn sunset" B&W)
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Fri Nov 19 09:04:39 2004

Hi Ken,

I've been learning this stuff, too, over the past year or so, and I've
concluded that for most of my shots I can save for web at JPEG quality of 5
or 6 (file size of 50-100kb for 700pixels on large dimension) and not see
any difference in web display.

At the beginning I experimented with a few photos, saving them several
different ways and then loading them into my browser.  I figured that if I
couldn't see much difference in my WEB BROWSER then I might as well make it
easy on those with slower internet connections.  Good netizenship, and all
that.  I think everyone should consider investing the half-hour or so it'd
take to figure out what quality they feel comfortable with, and then
they'll be set for life.

I must admit that I often steer clear of photos from folks who post very
large files...you had been on this list, but I'll take you off if you're
going to change your ways!

Best, and looking forward to seeing more of your pix,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) (How to get more people to look at your pix...filesizes! (was: Re: [Leica] PAW....More "signs of the..." and "autumn sunset" B&W))