Subject: [Leica] Leica M4-2 thread
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Nov 19 02:22:33 2004

Mine is 1507440.
So I don't think is one of the first 2 batches.
I bought it a month ago and had it CLA'd in Nijmegen, Holland by a true
craftsman, Mr. Scherpenborg.
On the phone, he told me something about the M4-2 being a "difficult"
camera, but didn't specify why.
A pretty amazing experience: I went to him, he took it, after 10 seconds he
said someone had opened it and tampered with it and 20 seconds later he knew
most of what needed to be corrected. It took him 5 hours to completely redo
it, and I got a perfect M4-2 back at the end of the day, with (digital)
documentation of what was altered and renewed.
---