Subject: [Leica] RE: ASPHERICAL LENSES 35 vs 35
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Nov 18 19:58:18 2004

John & Dan,

Everything's a compromise. It's a little abrasive on the finger-tips
if you're changing film a lot, but it has tension on the rewind and
won't spin if you release it as the M7 will. Personally, I don't have
a problem with either, but much prefer the larger crank on the
base-plate of my M5.

John,

Agree with Emanuel about the exposure lock on the M7. Sorry...
I find it totally intuitive and use it for 90% of my shots. Why would
you want the same exposure over-ride for more than one frame
of the same subject anyway? I use it mainly for bracketing or
when I feel a gross adjustment is needed vs. the meter on a
given subject, just as I do with the needles on my M5.

Guess we all have different tastes and styles..

William