Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 17 20:55:24 2004

It depends on who you ask. All I know is that for me personally, I look at
the 13x19 prints from my friend's 1Ds (11Mp)  and my 11x14 prints using M
lens and scanned at using the Nikon 4000 that they both look darn good. One
is neither better than the other, they do look different. 1Ds is entirely
grainless but then again Provia, even at 400F is fairly grain free too.

Of course there are some people of the opinions that the 1Ds and the new
1Ds MkII is VASTLY better than 35mm, rivalling medium format. At least
Michael Reichmann of Luminious Landscape is quite reasonable about
discussions, but there are others who use Michael and other websites as
proofs that how much better 11Mp is. e.g.
http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/2/95118.html?1100749479

Look under Pascal... He trashed me in another post because I told him my
eyes tell me that my friends and my prints are different but neither one is
"better." He said I was condescending and how dare I disagree with the
experts :-)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled)
Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled)