Subject: [Leica] Nothing Rhymes with Orange
From: schlup13820 at yahoo.com (e.j. schlup)
Date: Tue Nov 16 10:41:03 2004

Douglas, Scottish Beverages AND an Indian dinner?

You are a REAL man!

That "paints" an interesting picture.

Checked out your photos, really great train stuff!

The city (Oneonta, NY) I live outside of HAD the
world's largest roundhouse. Sad, but they tore it down
and now bemoan the fact that it's gone. No steam, just
your everyday run of the mill diesels.

I was lucky enough to purchase many good steam books
that were not railroad related before ebay. And Steam
is the perfect power source, period.

I am formally trained as a machinist and when I served
in the USN worked on a nuclear submarine tender. Not
my kind of steam generation but learned a huge amount
and worked on equipment that you will only see there.

Question: Any road locomotives left running?

Have also been to the Pageant of Steam
http://www.pageantofsteam.org/ quite a few times. Got
a really nice 150 hp Corliss in fine running shape.
Great photorgaphy AND fun.

One of the local attactions Hanford Mills
http://www.hanfordmills.org/ has just got a steam
engine up and running. Haven't made it out to
photograph it yet. Nice scenic place, very relaxing.

When I was out in Kansas I went to the Central Kansas
Flywheels Museum http://www.yesteryearmuseum.com/ in
Salina and they had several working condition traction
engines. Great fun. Made for really fun photography
both color and black and white.

Shoot film, have fun.

E.J.

--- "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@netscape.net>