Subject: [Leica] War Photos
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Nov 16 07:13:48 2004

Let me say that unless there is some suggestion that the Marine in
question has run around shooting prisoners, I would NOT favor any sort
of criminal and/or punishment-oriented handling of this, particularly
given reports that a member of his unit was injured/killed a day or two
earlier when checking what proved to be a booby-trapped body - the guy
needs psychiatric/psychological treatment as a casualty of war...

On the other hand, if a group of GIs, or a unit, was engaging in this
kind of behavior - I'd be all in favor of prosecution all the way up the
chain of command.