Subject: [Leica] Focal Point Lens / coating repair
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Nov 13 16:58:03 2004

Didier,
I would like to add that John has repaired three of my lenses.  One was
a pretty scratched up Summarit.  I paid to have the front polished and
coated (he only does single coating) and the lens is lovely in all the
important attributes now.

Unless the front element is really scratched up then add about $200 to
the price of the lens and if it makes sense to you then go ahead and get
the lens.  On the other hand, Summitars can be had for not much and from
F4 are just about even with the early Summicron's so that may be an
option.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com