Subject: [Leica] Re: put away our wallets / PAM ?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Nov 13 08:52:47 2004

Yup. I have found just the opposite - that my photography has been
improving with digital. And it has nothing to do with digital per se,
but with the fact that, as I've said before, I can afford to do more
shooting. Shoot more, shoot better.

As to the "spray and pray," that sound precisely what people said about
motor drives. Crappy shooter sprayed and prayed, and not surprisingly
just ended up with larger quantities of mediocre and crappy images. Good
shooters by and large just used the motor drive as a way to not have to
end up with tendonitis of the thumb, and, on those rare occasions when
the image demanded, used the motor for burst shooting.

My initial reaction to what I've been doing with digital is that I've
been shooting more images on each assignment. But then when I could
images, look at the length of time of the shoot, and compared the
digital count to the number of images I would have shot on film, there's
very little difference.

Yes, I am shooting more - I am doing more shooting for my own
entertainment and photographic self-improvement. But I don't think that
I am exposing more images per assignment.