Subject: [Leica] French cafe question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Nov 12 16:32:31 2004

Graham said:
>>> Hi Steve,
> > Says something about the striking nature of your shots that from the
> thousands of shots I have seen here I immediately knew which shots Simon
> meant. Nice to revisit them.<<<<<<<

>>> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_27alt4.htm <<<,

Hi Graham,
Right on me old son, :-)

As soon as I read the first post I thought, "I bet that's the Steve Unsworth
shot of those gals in the cafe." :-)
I remembered one girl's eyes were so story telling you knew she was totally
hanging on every word. A beautiful example of making the eyes work for you
in a photograph.

It's very simple when photographing people why the eyes are so very
important . Why? Because........

"We hear with our ears........ but we listen with our eyes!" And that folks
is another reason why it's better photographing a person while they're
listening than when they're talking.

Talking... they screw-up their mouths and facial expressions.  Ugly photos
many times.

Listening.....it's a concentration of the eyes illustrating the mind is in
action, listening. The eyes also show the concern. It's a thing you learn
from being a people watcher and photographer of life. Certainly in how this
girl is listening, man she's hanging on every word! :-) Once again Steve, a
great moment captured. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] French cafe question)
Message from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] French cafe question)