Subject: [Leica] DMR: Hands on
From: sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Fri Nov 12 05:22:36 2004

Richard, Ralph Hagenauer is indeed an "official" Leica person. He is based
at Solms where he does the Leica Akademie. I was lucky enough to think early
in the year of asking Stefan Daniel - head of product management at Leica -
if he thought the factory would support a mini-Leica Akademie at the annual
meeting. Result: both Stefan and Ralph were in Williamsburg as was Christian
Erhardt from Leica USA - Northvale with boxes filled with loaner equipment,
cameras, lenses etc,  for us to use (I got the new 50/1,4 Summilux-M), one
of the very real benefits of LHSA membership and attendance at annual
meetings.

We plan another Leica Akademie at the annual meeting in San Francisco next
October and are hoping to run a post-meeting two- or three-day visit to
Yosemite where we can all become serious ansel adamses! I have already been
in touch with the Birdman of Sacramento, our own Doug Herr, about the San
Francisco meeting.

Seth            LaK 9