Subject: [Leica] More signs of the Digital Age
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Nov 10 06:01:20 2004

OK Frank, I can accept 300 dpi as the scan resolution as some sort of
industry standard-speak.

So 300dpi times 30 inches is a scan of 10,000 pixels in one direction.... Or
should I take the 300 dpi and multiply by the roughly 2 inches of the film
dimension to come up with a scan of 600 pixels in 1 direction?

I think I understand that the made up pixels for the printer's head are not
counted as yet.... right?

Yes, I was trained as an engineer, and especially in the days of slide
rules.  So why is this digital stuff so hard?  Obfuscation?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] More signs of the Digital Age)