Subject: [Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Nov 9 17:13:29 2004

English, and enough French that I can communicate.  The French are usually
nice to me when I'm in their country.  So call it 2, or 1.5 if you want to
be strict.

I also have smatterings of Italian and German from music study, and a few
words of Russian I've absorbed being married to a native speaker.  I once
was a classical music announcer on public radio (*many* years ago), and
learned to fake the pronounciations of languages I don't speak. I
sometimes get away with it. I do know the Hebrew and Russian alphabets,
and enough of the Hebrew language to have some idea what the book says at
Friday night services.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?)