Subject: [Leica] Summilux vs. Summicron
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 9 10:58:22 2004

B. D. Colen <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote (with snide remarks snipped):

> the top of the line digital cameras have not been depreciating to
> nothing; they've been holding a surprising percentage of their value.

Hom much is an early top-of-the-line Kodak DCS camera worth now, and how
much was it when new?  I don't know the model numbers but IIRC "new" was on
the order of $20,000.  Perhaps 5 years is a reasonable useful life for a
top-of-the-line digital while top film cameras' useful life is often
measured in decades.  What do you consider a few years?  3?  10?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .