Subject: [Leica] Copyright Alert
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Nov 9 07:48:26 2004

>In terms of U.S. law, "copyright" does not apply to ones ability to
>take a picture of something _similar_ (or even somewhat identical)
>to what one has rights to. The "copyright" applies to the copy of
>the actual photograph, or written work, or software etc. _not_ what
>the photograph is "about".

This is not true. Professional photographers have successfully sued
studios who, wanting to save money, reduplicated a photographer's
setup using a less expensive photographer.

There's a good book about legal issues for photographers. Of course
it's sitting in storage i n Minnesota while I'm in Tokyo.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] Copyright Alert)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Copyright Alert)
Message from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] Copyright Alert)