Subject: [Leica] Lindome doldrums (boring PAWS) WAS R800 ramblings
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 9 02:04:18 2004

I have been quiet the past couple of weeks for personal reasons, but I
have to chime in here. I am in violent agreement with Daniel on this.
>From several years of looking at my own and others' work, I have
concluded that most people (certainly I) produce their best work in the
place where they live, or where they go often enough to consider their
second homes. Conversely, most travel/vacation photos are just that--
nice record shots but nothing more. Of course these have their place,
and there are exceptions (i.e. people who can produce superb work on
their first visit to a place) but the overall pattern is clear. And it
is equally true whether you live in Lindome or London.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands
http://www.nathanfoto.com