Subject: [Leica] Loading a Leica III
From: tgif at mbi.nifty.com (Tom Kumagai)
Date: Mon Nov 8 15:19:45 2004

Tom

When I used to own IIIc and IIIf, I used a Japanese NTT phone card (a
plastic magnetic card about the same size as a credit card, but much
thinner, I am sure you can find something similar in your country) to
load a film. You insert it where sprocket is and then slide in the film
so that it wont stuck. I could reload the film without trimming it and
as fast as I can reload my M.

When you do cut the films, the trimlines don't have to be curved nicely,
it can even be straightly aslant. Its purpose is to avoid the sprocket,
so you don't have to cut like Chinese papercraft performers who can turn
a piece of paper into some fine arts in a matter of minutes. ;)

Happy Shooting!!

Tom K