Subject: [Leica] Re: Titanium lenses: Summicron ASPH low production
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Nov 7 08:05:41 2004

Henning,

While in theory that may be the case, I'm not convinced that the LEICA
pressed asphericals are the equal of the ground versions. In many pictures
I've seen from Frank's lens the results are superior to my 35/2 ASPH.
Particularly in bright sunlight the results are smoother and the colors
don't become "blocked" in the higher contrast. My 28 ASPH has no bad
manners that I've yet detected, but I'm never quite sure what I'm going to
get with either of my 35/2 ASPH's. (In all other circumstances, my 35/2's
perform just fine.) Maybe this is just a Leica "thing"?

William

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Titanium lenses: Summicron ASPH low production)