Subject: [Leica] LIGHT......PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. !
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 1 12:47:14 2004

Simon posted:
Subject: Re: [Leica] LIGHT......PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. !

> here are some examples on a Dutch site.
> http://www.statenvertaling.net/kunst/werken/rembrandt.harmensz.van.rijn.html
> he was very much influenced but the work of Caravaggio
> here,s his link
> http://www.statenvertaling.net/kunst/werken/caravaggio.html
> best,simon jessurun amsterdam

Hi Simon,
Wonderful!! Thank you, as there's so much to "see & study" not just look at
on both these sites as they are the epitome of what light is all about!

I mean, don't forget everybody there wasn't any electricity, flash bulbs nor
strobes! It was basically just the light provided by the Great Spirit and
applied in such wonderful manner to the canvas by men who understood light
and learned how to retain it in their paintings.

Suggestion.  Take your time and enlarge these paintings on each site, take
the time to study how the light creates depth, form and feeling in each one,
more so in some than others. But it's what light is all about. Then keeping
it in mind and try to find similar lighting situations as a "look for light
project" without thinking about taking pictures. That doesn't mean not to
have a camera with you, but make it a "study light effects" first. And if a
great moment happens you've got a camera to go click-click! :-)

Looking for "good light" can make a major difference in "How you see!"
Rather than just looking for something with light on it for an exposure.

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] LIGHT......PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. !)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] LIGHT......PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. !)