Subject: [Leica] All Saints
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Oct 31 23:20:18 2004

Perhaps it's called "Reformation Day" by the Lutheran church here in
Sweden, but I've never heard of it. I just checked. It isn't. It's called
"Allhelgonadagen" "All Saints Day". Historically I don't think the powers
that be gave a rats ass about the theses or doctrine, but they sure did
not like dividing power with bishops and popes ... so the Catholics had to
take a hike (several hundred years ago). But they left all the good stuff
behind (name's day for kids, for example). All Saints is one of the things
left.

Daniel