Subject: [Leica] Re:simple pouch recommendation for m-body, one lens
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 20:21:59 2004

best bag I ever found:

Old Swiss army gas mask bag.

Unlike american gas mask bags which have a very odd strap arrangement and
open from the front,   it closes from the top, has a slot in bak for a small
note
pad, is small enough to hold two or three M lenses in comfort (I put them in
smaller black leather bags for cushioning) as well as the body, or one lens
on
the body plus one or two lenses besides, whichever, and ifyou want more
padding put an old towel folded up on the bottom, or maybe some scraps of
sheet
rubber.

The bag itself is made of very non-descript mottled gray leather canvas that
is water proof. The top buttons shut, the strap is just the right length and
width to hang from a shoulder and not slip on a day's ramble. There's a
button
strap on the back if you want to hook it to a belt.

A distinct advantage to this bag is that it does not look like a lowe-pro, a
billingham, or anything like that which, to me, screams "STEAL ME!!!!"   It
looks precisely like what it is, a rather dumpy gas mask bag that
undoubtadly
contains nothing worth stealing. I've worn several out over the years and
always
found they gave the best service. Never had a piece of equipment in one
damaged or stolen, either.

c trentelman

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] Re:simple pouch recommendation for m-body, one lens)
Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (feli) ([Leica] Re:simple pouch recommendation for m-body, one lens)