Subject: [Leica] First Pictures - Glasgow/Lake District/Cambridge
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Oct 31 14:01:40 2004

I had expected to post a few pictures soon after my de-lurk last week
but it took me longer than I expected to get my new iMac up and
running and to get my photo files switched over.  In any case, here
are seven pictures from my trip to the UK last June.  These were all
taken with an Olympus C-60.  I'm still working out how best to get
film scans done.  I'll post some of the Leica pix as soon as I've got
that squared away.  I shot 15 36-exposure rolls with my M7 and took
about 500 pictures with the C-60 during the three weeks I was there.

These are all straight from the camera except for slight crops on two
of them and down-sizing for posting.  I've posted two variations on
one of the photos. I'd like to hear which one of these you think
works best and am looking forward to your comments on all of them.
Enjoy!

Glasgow Science Center.  The Clyde calmed down late one evening and
we finally had a non-rainy sunset.  This was taken at about 10:30 PM.
C-60 ASA 100 Auto.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P6250007_lug>

Sheep safely grazing on a field near Keswick in the Lake District.
C-60 ASA 100 Auto.  (Bach is playing quietly on the radio as I write
this.)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P6280031_lug>

Late afternoon in the Conservatory of my hotel in the Lake District
on yet another rainy afternoon.  It was a quiet place.  C-60 ASA 100
Auto.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P6300019_lug>

Castlerigg stone circle near Keswick.  More rain, but I liked the
mood the rain and fog created at this ancient site.  C-60 ASA 200
Auto (and more than a little noisy).
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P7010008_lug>

Cambridge: Trinity Lane on yet another somber morning.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P7050042_cropped_lug>

Under a bridge on the Cam.  I'd gone punting on only the second sunny
evening of the trip.
Version 1 - Uncropped.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P7060074_lug>
Version 2 - Cropped to eliminate the bright spot to the right.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P7060074_2_lug>

Many thanks for looking and for any comments you might make.

And, Ted, thanks for the kind words of welcome last week.
--
Regards,

Dick
Boston MA