Subject: [Leica] OT: Cars
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu Oct 28 07:31:04 2004

Hi Will,
 Some years ago VW dropped the ability to use the dash
mounted air vents for cold air whilst the heater is
on. My wife's Golf is unbearably stuffy on long winter
journeys. My local VW dealer tells me he gets lots of
complaints but VW don't care. Audis are the same. For
me this rules them both out as useable cars for 6
months of the year here in England. Our '86 Polo was
fine, I don't know what year they dropped the feature
but it was a long time ago.
thanks anyway,
Frank