Subject: [Leica] OT: press freedom?
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Oct 27 23:01:08 2004

Well, they explain it by the arrests of journalists during
demonstrations and the denial of visas to foreign journalists, not
restrictions on press freedom per se.

Having just returned from my first trip to the US in 3 years, I have to
say that the media landscape in many places is quite bleak, with only
one newspaper and identically-sounding TV stations in many places. But
that is the result of market forces, not government restrictions, so
that plays no part in the RSF rating.

Nathan